Tubulin Polymerization Assay Kit (>99% pure porcine brain tubulin)

Hersteller Cytoskeleton
Kategorie
Typ Assay
Specific against Porcine
Menge KIT 24 assays
ArtNr BK006P
eClass 6.1 32161000
eClass 9.0 32161000
Lieferbar
Delivery Time
1-2 Weeks
Shipping Temp.
AT
Storage on Arrival
4C
Citations

Chen et al., 2012. Protopine, a novel microtubule-stabilizing agent, causes mitotic arrest and apoptotic cell death in human hormone-refractory prostate cancer cell lines. Cancer Lett. v 315, pp 1-11.

Hartley et al., 2012. Polygamain, a New Microtubule Depolymerizing Agent That Occupies a Unique Pharmacophore in the Colchicine Site. Mol. Pharmacol. v 81 pp 431-439.

Chang et al., 2011. Mycotoxin Citrinin Induced Cell Cycle G2/M Arrest and Numerical Chromosomal Aberration Associated with Disruption of Microtubule Formation in Human Cells. Toxicol. Sci. v 119, pp  84&ndash, 92.

Risinger et al., 2011. ELR510444, A Novel Microtubule Disruptor with Multiple Mechanisms of Action. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. v 336, pp 652&ndash, 660.

Faridi et al., 2011. Proteomics indicates modulation of tubulin polymerization by L-menthol inhibiting human epithelial colorectal adenocarcinoma cell proliferation. Proteomics. v 11, pp 2115-2119. 

Carletti et al., 2011. Effect of protein glutathionylation on neuronal cytoskeleton: a potential link to neurodegeneration. Neuroscience. v 192, pp 285-294.

O'Boyle et al., 2010. Synthesis and Evaluation of Azetidinone Analogues of Combretastatin A-4 as Tubulin Targeting Agents. J. Med. Chem. v 53, pp 8569-8584.

Kushkuley et al., 2009. Neurofilament cross-bridging competes with kinesin-dependent association of neurofilaments with microtubules. J Cell Sci. v 122, pp 3579-86.

Chen et al., 2005. A-432411, a novel indolinone compound that disrupts spindle pole formation and inhibits human cancer cell growth. Mol. Cancer Ther. v 4, pp 562-568.

Huang et al., 2005. CIL-102 interacts with microtubule polymerization and causes mitotic arrest following apoptosis in the human prostate cancer PC-3 cell line. J. Biol. Chem. v 280, pp 2771-2779.

Rouzier et al., 2005. Microtubule-associated protein tau: A marker of paclitaxel sensitivity in breast cancer. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. v 102, pp 8315-8320.

Jiang et al., 2002. Double blockade of cell cycle at G1-S transition and M phase by 3-iodoacetamido benzoyl ethyl ester, a new type of tubulin ligand. Cancer Res. v 62, pp 6080-6088.

Mooberry et al., 1999. Laulimalide and isolaulimalide, new paclitaxel-like microtubule-stabilizing agents. Cancer Res. v 59, pp 653-660.


faqs

 

Question 1: What is the difference between this kit and BK004P?

Answer 1:  Both the BK004P and BK006P are tubulin polymerization kits that are absorbance-based rather than fluorescence-based.  The only difference between the two absorbance-based kits is that BK004P uses 97% pure tubulin (remaining 3% are MAPs) while BK006P uses >, 99% pure tubulin.  This is an important difference because the presence of MAPs means that tubulin polymerization can be examined in the absence of enhancers such as glycerol or taxol with as little as 3 or 4 mg/ml tubulin using the BK004P kit.  In this case MAPs act as polymerization enhancers.  With BK006P, an enhancer such as glycerol or taxol must be used to drive tubulin polymerization with concentrations <, 5 mg/ml tubulin.  Using tubulin at 5 mg/ml or higher allows for the omission of glycerol or taxol.  In some cases, glycerol can interfere with the binding of tubulin accessory proteins or compounds.  Assay conditions can easily be altered to test for glycerol interference.

 

Question 2: Which kit is best for screening a compound/reagent/drµ, g for its effects on tubulin polymerization?

Answer 2:  All 3 tubulin polymerization kits (2 absorbance-based kits, BK004P and BK006P, 1 fluorescence-based kit, BK011P) are well-suited for screening of potential tubulin polymerization enhancers and inhibitors.  Each kit has its own pros and cons.  For initial compound/drµ, g screening, we recommend the absorbance-based tubulin polymerization assay BK004P.  This kit uses 97% pure tubulin (remaining 3% are MAPs) while BK006P and BK011P use >, 99% pure tubulin.  This is an important difference because the presence of MAPs means that tubulin polymerization can be examined in the absence of enhancers or inhibitors with as little as 3 or 4 mg/ml tubulin using the BK004P kit.  To study enhancers, we recommend using 3 mg/ml tubulin, whereas 4 mg/ml tubulin is recommended for inhibitors.  In the case of BK004P, MAPs act as polymerization enhancers.  With BK006P and BK011P, an enhancer such as glycerol or taxol must be used to drive tubulin polymerization with concentrations <, 5 mg/ml tubulin.  Using tubulin at 5 mg/ml or higher allows for the omission of glycerol or taxol, but requires additional tubulin.  In some cases, glycerol can interfere with the binding of tubulin accessory proteins or compounds/reagents/drµ, gs.  However, since BK011P is fluorescence-based, there is increased sensitivity that allows the researcher to use 1/3 as much tubulin with greater sensitivity.  Thus, the kit provides 96 assays versus the 30 assays of BK004P or BK006P, thus BK011P is the most economical when requiring >, 30 assays for the project.

 

 

If you have any questions concerning this product, please contact our Technical Service department at infohoelzel.de

Menge: KIT 24 assays
Lieferbar: In stock
Listenpreis: 1.046,10 €
Preis: 1.046,10 €
lieferbar

Vergleichen

Angebot anfordern

Fragen zum Produkt?