Tubulin Polymerization Assay (fluoresc-96assays porcine brain tubulin)

Hersteller Cytoskeleton
Typ Assay
Specific against Porcine
Menge KIT 96 assays
ArtNr BK011P
eClass 6.1 32161000
eClass 9.0 32161000
Delivery Time
1-2 Weeks
Shipping Temp.
Storage on Arrival

Sidhaye et al., 2012. A Novel Role for Aquaporin-5 in Enhancing Microtubule Organization and Stability. PLoS ONE 7: e38717.

Zach et al., 2012. The retinitis pigmentosa 28 protein FAM161A is a novel ciliary protein involved in intermolecular protein interaction and microtubule association. Hum. Mol. Genet. doi: 10.1093/hmg/dds268.

Dyrager et al., 2011. Inhibitors and promoters of tubulin polymerization: Synthesis and biological evaluation of chalcones and related dienones as potential anticancer agents. Bioorg. Med. Chem.  v 19, pp 2659-2665.

Hwang et al., 2011. Induction of tubulin polymerization and apoptosis in malignant mesothelioma cells by a new compound JBIR-23. Cancer Lett. v 300, pp 189-196.

Kim et al., 2011. Zinc stimulates tau S214 phosphorylation by the activation of Raf/mitogen-activated protein kinase-kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway. Neuroreport, v22, pp 839-844.



For the most recent publications citing this product, please contact our Technical Service department at infohoelzel.de


Question 1: What are the advantages to using this kit?

Answer 1:  BK011P is a fluorescence-based tubulin polymerization assay kit.  Compared to the absorbance-based kits, BK011P has increased sensitivity, signal-to-noise ratio and an improved coefficient of variation.  The greater sensitivity allows the researcher to use 1/3 as much tubulin which means that the BK011P kit provides 96 assays versus the 30 assays of BK004P or BK006P.  On a cost per assay basis, BK011P is the best value of the tubulin polymerization kits.


Question 2: Which kit is best for screening a compound for it&rsquo, s effects on tubulin polymerization?

Answer 2:  All 3 tubulin polymerization kits (2 absorbance-based kits, BK004P and BK006P, 1 fluorescence-based kit, BK011P) are well-suited for screening of potential tubulin polymerization enhancers and inhibitors.  Each kit has its own pros and cons.  For initial compound/drug screening, we recommend the absorbance-based tubulin polymerization assay BK004P which is the most economical.  This kit uses 97% pure tubulin (remaining 3% are MAPs) while BK006P and BK011P use >, 99% pure tubulin.  This is an important difference because the presence of MAPs means that tubulin polymerization can be examined in the absence of enhancers or inhibitors with as little as 3 or 4 mg/ml tubulin using the BK004P kit.  To study enhancers, we recommend using 3 mg/ml tubulin, whereas 4 mg/ml tubulin is recommended for inhibitors.  In the case of BK004P, MAPs act as polymerization enhancers.  With BK006P and BK011P, an enhancer such as glycerol or taxol must be used to drive tubulin polymerization with concentrations <, 5 mg/ml tubulin.  Using tubulin at 5 mg/ml or higher allows for the omission of glycerol or taxol, but requires additional tubulin.  In some cases, glycerol can interfere with the binding of tubulin accessory proteins or compounds.  However, since BK011P is fluorescence-based, there is increased sensitivity that allows the researcher to use 1/3 as much tubulin with greater sensitivity.  Thus, the kit provides 96 assays versus the 30 assays of BK004P or BK006P.  Assay conditions can easily be altered to test for glycerol interference.



If you have any questions concerning this product, please contact our Technical Service department at infohoelzel.de

Hinweis: Die dargestellten Informationen und Dokumente (Bedienungsanleitung, Produktdatenblatt und Sicherheitsdatenblatt) entsprechen unserem letzten Update und sollten lediglich der Orientierung dienen. Wir übernehmen keine Garantie für die Aktualität. Für spezifische Anforderungen bitten wir Sie, uns eine Anfrage zu stellen.

Menge: KIT 96 assays
Lieferbar: In stock
Listenpreis: 1.071,40 €
Preis: 1.071,40 €


Angebot anfordern

Fragen zum Produkt?